Institute of History and International Relations of Southern Federal University and editorial board of the journal "Novoe Proshloe / The New Past" invite to take part in the international conference "The New Past – 3: (trans)national ideologies and multi-vector memory", which will be held in October 21–23, 2021 in Rostov on-Don, Bolshaya Sadovaya street, 33/43.
Core directions of the conference are following:
- Ideology: between doctrine and discourse;
- The new past of ideologies;
- Transfers and reception of ideologies;
- The language of ideologies: between elite and mass character;
- Wars of ideologies: origins, forms, vectors of development;
- Designers of ideologies: historians in power and under the rule;
- Ideologies of transitional eras and pivotal moments;
- Places of memory and ideological "battlefields";
- Ideology of memory or Memory of ideologies.
In addition to individual reports, we accept applications for organizing separate panels including from 3 to 5 individual reports united by a common problem within the framework of the indicated areas.
The application must include:
1. Name, surname, affiliation, e-mail of the initiator.
2. Name, surname, affiliation, e-mail of the chairman of the panel (may be the same person).
3. The panel's area of research.
4. The title and abstract (300-500 words) of the panel as a whole.
5. Name, surname, affiliation, e-mail, title of the report of the panel members. Annotations of individual reports are not required.
Applications for organizing panels must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before May 30, 2021 with an attached file containing the required information.
It is not required to fill an individual application form if you participate in the organization of the panel as a speaker.
During the conference, the discussion on the topic "Multifaceted patriotism: ideologies, forms and practices" will be organized.
Applications for participation in the conference with the abstracts (300-500 words) should be submitted before May 15, 2021 on the journal’s website "Novoe Proshloe / The New Past" (http://newpast.sfedu.ru/ - button "Conference 2021"). The organizing committee will inform the decision to include reports in the conference program no later than July 1, 2021.
Working languages of the conference are Russian and English.
The Organizing Committee has a limited number of travel grants to pay for travel and accommodation of the conference participants on a competitive basis. For participants of conference an organizational fee of 1 000 rubles is required.
The reports presented at the conference can be published in the format of scientific articles and reports in the first issue of "Novoe Proshloe / The New Past" (2023). Materials for publication will be accepted in accordance with the rules for reviewing and submitting materials to the journal (2021)
For inquiries:: Natalya Dmitrieva email@example.com
All fields of the "Application for participation" form must be filled